Friday, February 12, 2010

Snow Days!

This past week we got to experience our very first snow days! Of course it has snowed a few times this season, but last Tuesday and Wednesday it was the first time that classes (and consequently work) was cancelled!!

The forecasters had been warning of "inclement weather", but this was nothing new (forecasters cannot be trusted!) so Greg and I had been planning on going into work/school, working out at the gym and then going on a mini-date for crepes or boba. I was a little bummed because on bad weather days we have to wake up and leave extra early to provide a one hour buffer in order to fight traffic and make it to work on time. So we were up at 6:00 on Tuesday morning (actually Greg was up and I was moping in bed) when I asked Greg to check the Seminary website just in case they had posted something. As he left the room to check the computer I dragged myself out of the warm blankets and turned on the radio to help wake me up. Greg comes into the bathroom and tells me bad news "no date night tonight". Of course I ask him why (I was so looking forward to my desserts!) and the moment he begins to answer the radio (which has been listing off school closings) blares "and the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary is closed". Greg finishes his statement "Because it is going to be a date DAY!" Now, I don't know if this is entirely without hyperbole, but Greg said I looked ecstatic and was beaming. SNOW DAY!" We both cheered and began dancing around.

Greg was too awake to go back to sleep, but of course me the sleepmongerer fell right back to bed. The rest of the day and the following day was filled with fun, work and relaxation, the perfect mix for a mid-week weekend. Here are some pics of our first ever snow days!














The view from our bedroom.



Not the most accurate, but we guessed anywhere from 4"-6" of snow!

Death spike!

RAVi all warm in his home.

My mini-man!

If you look closely you can see his eyebrows ;)

Our attempt at sledding on cardboard and a tupperware lid...

Cardboard fails.

Tupperware lid totally fails.

I didn't do much better.

Suicide bellyflop win!
Snow angel (and I'm making one too!)





Snow...something...
Break for a yummy homemade lunch! Chicken noodle is perfect for the cold!

Piping hot for breakfast on Wednesday!

And of course I used the time to bake for Valentine's day! Red velvet from scratch with cream cheese frosting, sprikled with cake crumbles.

Yum!
In addition to playing in the snow we also watched Lilo and Stitch, Greg studied some, I hung pictures around the house and sorted receipts (yay for resolutions) and we played too many games of StarCraft (for shame, I know!). Overall though, it was a good reminder that God knows exactly what we need and blesses us in abundance and that our rest, joy and hope are in Him and not in fun days, snow days or any of our days here on Earth. Thanks for sharing with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment